Can I use my cell phone there?


If your cell phone is on the GSM network, you can use it. However, your roaming costs will be high. Your best option is to bring an unlocked phone, and purchase a SIM card here to have a local number–you can obtain one with your passport ID, and activate it at any of the telecommunications companies here, including Claro, Orange, and Tricom. The SIM card costs less than US$5, and you will need to purchase additional phone credit for calls, at your discretion.

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search