I recently went on a 6 day trip to Dominican Republic to celebrate my bachelorette party with 6 of my girlfriends with Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. If you’ve been following me since 2017 you may remember my very first press trip and first trip to Dominican Republic with Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism! It’s great to be back to share new experiences with my friends. Both trips were through the Northern Coast but this time we explored a few new places in Samana and Cabarete. You can read about my experience in 2017 here. Dominican Republic has easily become one of my favorite places in the Caribbean. It has beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine, culture, and the people are super friendly. It’s a great destination for couples, families, weddings and of course an ultimate bachelorette party! If you’re looking to plan the perfect trip, here’s the ultimate 6-day Dominican Republic itinerary.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR TRIP
- Rent a car
- Tourists can only get Dominican pesos in the country
- Do not drink tap water
- Best time to visit the Northern Coast is from February to October
DAY 1-2: SAMANA
Santo Domingo airport is a three-hour drive to Samana
WHERE TO STAY:
Bannister Hotel is a 5-star boutique property with an infinity pool and features 28 decorated suites with stunning views. We stayed at this property for two nights and lucky for the bride to be, I had the penthouse suite!
Dominican Tree House Village is an eco-friendly hotel that promotes ecotourism and sustainable development. The tree houses are connected by various rope bridges and jungle paths that are all designed to emphasize and enhance an intimate connection with nature and separation from the modern world. There’s no WiFi so you will be disconnected from the world and connect with nature.
THINGS TO DO
- Explore Samana
- Samana bridge
- Private beach tour coordinated through Dominican Tree House Village: Playa Frontón and Playa El Valle. These beaches were beautiful especially Playa Fronton. We literally had the entire beach to ourselves. To get to the beach, we were on a smaller boat that took about 20-30 minutes. Be prepared to get soaked so make sure to pack towels, and bags to cover your valuables.
- Day trip to El Limon Waterfall. We did not get a chance to do this on this trip but I had experienced visiting the waterfall during my trip in 2017. If you have time, definitely do it!
DAY 3: CABARETE
From Samana, it takes up to two hours by car to Cabarete.
WHERE TO STAY (Day 3-6): Seahorse Ranch is a luxury oceanfront community in Cabarete with luxury villas, a beach club, seaside pools, an equestrian center and so much more! There are villas with all types of styles and villas with multiple bedrooms for your group. During our recent stay, we had a villa with 6 rooms which included two master bedrooms, a pool, and private beach. You can learn more about Seahorse Ranch in my previous post.
What I love about Sea Horse Ranch is that guests are able to book private chefs, experiences such as massages at the villa, yoga sessions, and private beach dinners. These are all experiences my girlfriends and I were able to experience and I loved it! Guests can inquire about special requests with Sea Horse Ranch concierge team.
THINGS TO DO
- Explore Downtown Cabarete. Cabarete is a resort town with many restaurants, bars, and kite beach
- Lunch at Fresh Fresh Cafe. Do not leave without getting at least a smoothie here!
- Time for a pool day!
- Explore Las Terrenas. Las Terrenas is a lively town with lots of night clubs, dancing, beautiful beaches.
- Dinner at La Terrasse is a must!
THINGS TO DO
- Morning yoga (inquire with Sea Horse Ranch concierge team)
- Relax at the pool and beach at the villa
- Lunch at the Seahorse Ranch Beach Club
- Explore Puerto Plata. A cute town with history, culture, and Victorian-style houses
- Dinner at Tres Cocos
THINGS TO DO
- Private catamaran tour of Sosúa Bay with Tip Top Catamaran
- Private chef dinner at the villa (inquire with Sea Horse Ranch concierge team)
THINGS TO DO
- Relaxing spa day at the villa with facials and massages (inquire with Sea Horse Ranch concierge team)
- Horseback riding along the beach
- Bachelorette dinner on the beach. This was my favorite experience of the trip! The team started preparing for the most magical night in the afternoon. The staff had the prettiest set up on the beach with hanging lights, pillows and florals around the table. I couldn’t have asked for a better evening because it was the most magical dinner I’ve ever experienced. The food was phenomenal, they even had vegan desserts and we ended the night with a bonfire and make some yummy smores! (inquire with Sea Horse Ranch concierge team for this experience).
Big thank you to my wonderful girlfriends for celebrating with me! If you’re not following these lovely ladies on Instagram, you need to now: @francesjaidi, @christineolivia_, @dianadusomething, @belowthesamesun, @nicoleisaacs, and @elonatheexplorer
I had an amazing week exploring the Northern Coast of Dominican Republic with my girlfriends for my bachelorette. We partied, ate, relaxed and had the time of our lives. It felt great to be pampered with massages right in our villa and I couldn’t have asked for a better trip. Dominican Republic has it all, from lush terrain, beautiful beaches and adventure activities it’s the perfect destination for any tourists looking to have some fun in the sun. I’m happy to help answer any questions you may have, and hope this Dominican Republic itinerary was helpful!
Original blog post: http://tourdelust.com/dominican-republic-6-day-bachelorette-itinerary/