DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – FEB. 11, 2014 – Traveling to Dominican Republic is easier than ever with the newly released Dominican Republic Travel App. Unveiled by the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism, the global app puts travel in the palm of travelers’ hands and provides an all-in-one experience to plan, book, manage and maximize upcoming travel.
Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism releases guide-inspired app to help visitors get the most out of their vacation
The innovative 100 percent offline app is a go-to source for Dominican Republic travel information, consumer engagement and booking for travelers from around the world. As a complement to GoDominicanRepublic.com, the fresh and dynamic app provides comprehensive tourism information including:
- GUIDE – Ratings and reviews of the top attractions, shopping, hotels, restaurants, nightlife and events in Dominican Republic.
- ITINERARY – The ability to create a personalized itinerary.
- MAP – An offline GPS service that assists in finding nearby restaurants, hotels, attractions and more. The functions and maps are available offline without roaming charges.
- AROUND ME – Discover the tourism offerings located around your current location.
- AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) – The tool enhances visitors’ experience by enriching the real world with interactive virtual information that allows travelers to identify the interesting places around them and includes information displays with distances, ratings, prices and hours.
- SHARE YOUR TRAVEL – Send postcards and images of your vacation directly from the app to friends and family.
“The app is a great resource for locals and visitors alike,” said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. “Our visitors are extremely tech savvy and looking for ways to maximize their time and experience while in the country. The app combines our unique itinerary management system, insider travel expertise and technology to create a user-friendly mobile service, perfect for travelers who seek the most accurate information on the destination.”
The free app was created by Diardo Technology Group, and is available in the App Store and Google Play in six different languages – English, Spanish, Italian, French, German and Portuguese. Visit www.GoDominicanRepublic.com for more information or contact Support@GoDominicanRepublicApp.com with any questions.
DOWNLOAD THE APP:
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic’s first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean and Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike.
For more information, contact:
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh: (414)247-2410 or firstname.lastname@example.org