You may request the reimbursement of the Tourist Card tax through the following two (2) ways:
1.- In the electronic entry and exit form of Dominican Republic (E-Ticket) of the General Directorate of Migration (DGM):
To request the reimbursement through the E-ticket, in the immigration information section you must answer the question: “Do you wish to apply for the US$10 reimbursement under Tourist Cards?”; if you opt for the reimbursement, two fields will be enabled: one to register your Dominican identity card (cédula) number and another to enter a local (non-residential) cell phone number (not foreign).
The DGII will validate the application within 72 hours after its reception and, if applicable, will forward it to Banco de Reservas for the management of the “TuEfectivo” code; to be sent via SMS to the telephone number registered by the applicant.
Once received, the TuEfectivo code may be redeemed via ATM or Subagent of Banco de Reservas and must be used within seventy-two (72) hours from its receipt; after this time has passed, it becomes inactive and the applicant must make a new request through our web portal or at local administrations.
Applicants will have a maximum term from the purchase of the air ticket up to thirty (30) days after the entry to the Dominican Republic, to request the referred reimbursement.
2.- In the option “Request Refund” in the web portal of the General Directorate of Internal Taxes (DGII) or in person at the offices (Local Administrations).
- By credit to the applicant’s credit or debit card.
- Cash withdrawal through the DGII office (local administration) of your preference and at the Collection Control Department of the central headquarters.
Requirements to qualify for reimbursement. The documents to submit the reimbursement requests shall be the following:
- Copy of the valid passport (page with the holder’s general data).
- Copy of the airline ticket with a breakdown of the taxes and fees charged.
- Copy of the valid residence card or visa (applies in case of residents and visas).
- Copy of valid diplomatic accreditation in Dominican Republic (applies in case of diplomats).
Once the request for reimbursement is received, the DGII will have a period of ten (10) business days, counted from the submission of the request, accompanied by the corresponding documentation, to respond.